Makes about 36 balls
1/2cup dried apricots1/2cup dried apples1/2cup dried peaches1/2cup finely grated dried coconut1/4cup finely chopped nuts
1 teaspoon finely grated citrus fruit peel (orange, lemon, lime)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon1/4 cup honey (you may want to add 1 more tablespoon of
honey if you are using a tart juice such as lemon juice)
1/4 cup citrus juice
Powdered sugar, if desired
1. With a food processor or grinder, grind apricots, apples, and peaches into bits about half the size of a raisin or about 1/8 inchin diameter. Place in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in coconut, nuts, citrus peel, and cinnamon.
3. Slightly warm honey and citrus juices. Stir to mix well.
4. Slowly pour the honey mixture over the fruit mixture, stirring until the mixture sticks together evenly.
5. Form into balls 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter (about 1 rounded tea spoon) and place on drying racks.
6. Dry in food dryer until no longer sticky to the touch (2-3 hours).
7. If desired, roll balls in powdered sugar.