2 cups dried blueberries, cranberries, gooseberries, or other berry
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons tapioca
1 to 11/2 cups sugar, depending on tartness of berries
1. Pour boiling water over the berries and let them soak for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Place soaked berries and liquid in a shallow baking dish.
3. Combine sugar and tapioca; sprinkle over the berries.
4. Cover the berries with batter (see below), and bake 30 minutes at 400°F.
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, well beaten
11/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add beaten egg.
2. Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture one-half cup at a time, alternately with the milk.