3 cups flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup honey
3 beaten eggs
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla or other flavor extract
2 cups finely chopped, rehydrated vegetables (about 11/2 cups dried)
(optional) 1/2 cup raisins or other chopped dried fruit
1. Using equal amounts of dried vegetables and water, cover the vegetables with cool water. Soak for 15 to 60 minutes, until soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix the honey, eggs, oil, vanilla flavoring, and 2 cups of the rehydrated vegetables.
4. Pour the honey mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well until the flour is completely moistened.
5. Add raisins or dried fruit, if desired.
6. Pour into two greased and floured 7- by 3-inch loaf pans.
7. Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the loaves are done.